Our bungalow house plans come in a variety of shapes, sizes and styles. Homes built from bungalow plans tend to be fairly small, and have a cottage-like look and feel to them. In fact, they’re often referred to as bungalow cottage plans. Because of this, and the fact that they often reflect and Arts & Crafts inspiration, you may also wish to visit the cottage plans and craftsman plans sections of our website.
Bungalow floor plans are typically configured within a fairly narrow envelope, but this is not always the case. Houses built from bungalow home plans can be found on beaches, in urban infill lots, and in many older neighborhoods. We hope you’ll be pleased by our selection of bungalow house designs!
Common Characteristics of Bungalow Style House Plans:
- Can be one, one-and-a-half, and two story homes
- Typically have a low-slung roof, which can also be flared
- Often small, and have a cottage look and feel
- Normally fairly simple homes, and thus less costly to build
- Sometimes have wide porches, often with tapered square columns
- Often fit on narrow lots
Architecture House Plans Compilation August 2012
How to draw architectural floor plans with colorized symbols
Organic Architecture: Small Solar Bungalow - James H. Klippel