When it comes to value, metal light switch covers have the clear advantage. Although every light switch plate manufacturer creates wall covers with their own styling, plates typically coordinate and are interchangeable with products from other companies. Differences between wall plates are often very slight and generally go unnoticed at a normal viewing distance.
Why Metal Switch Plates?
Same Look • Better Quality • More Sizes & Colors • Similar Price • Safe & Reliable
- Your Best Value -
Comparison Photo The photo contains sample white switch plates manufactured by Leviton, Eagle, Pass & Seymour, and Kyle Switch Plates. One of the switch plates in the photo is metal and the rest are plastic. Give us a call if you'd like to know which is which.
Plastic Wall Plates vs. Metal Switch Plates - What are the Differences? There is virtually no difference between the aesthetic look of plastic and metal wall plates so you can easily mix and match with your current plastic plates. The real difference comes in how they wear over time. Find out more below.
Are Plastic & Metal Plates the Same Size? The industry standard size for a single gang wall plate is 4.5" high by 2.75" wide. Many manufacturers also offer specialty sizes - jumbo, oversized, midi, tall, mid size, wide or maxi which may vary in size per brand.
Matching Look While there are dozens of switchplate manufacturers, metal and plastic wall plates are generally designed to coordinate for a uniform look throughout your home. Wall plates were originally manufactured in metal, with plastic switch plates produced later to match.
Safety For your safety, choose metal switch plates. They won't crack or break off exposing internal wiring. They are your most durable and reliable choice.
Uniformity Our American-made metal switch plates have been produced for over 50 years. They won't change color over time so you can be confident any later additions will match. Most cheap plastic plates discolor over time, so even buying the same brand and style will not guarantee a perfect match. In addition, older switchplates may no longer be produced because of changing styles or production methods.
Value The majority of our light switch plates, whether metal or plastic, are made in the USA for superior quality and value.
Kyle Switch Plates specializes in metal light switch wall plates. Why should you choose metal over plastic switch plates? Here are some good reasons to consider:
- More Sizes: Metal cover plates come in the widest range of sizes, configurations, depths and widths. Plastic, ceramic, wood or mirrored glass wall plates generally come in a very limited number of sizes with no options for getting other sizes. Kyle Switch Plates stocks over 350 sizes that are ready to ship, including oversized, narrow, old-fashioned, or deep variations. We custom make many unusual sizes that you'll find exclusively here.
- More Finishes: Our light switchplates and outlet covers are available in twenty different metals for all your finishing needs. The photo above shows the range and variety that metal light switch wall plates are available in.
- Excellent Resource: Our wide selection of sizes and metal finishes makes us an excellent resource for builders, contractors, electricians, home remodelers and owners of older homes in need of repair. Because we keep so many plates in stock for fast shipping, you can get the plate you need in time to meet a deadline, finish a job, or pass inspection.
- Custom Options: If we don't carry the odd, rare or hard-to-find size you need, we can get you a quote to make one, even a customized plate for specialized equipment. So when you need to make changes to your home wiring or have a challenging construction job, you can rest assured that you will be able to get the switch plate size you need.
- Durability: Metal switchplates won't crack, peel or discolor over time. Furthermore, solid metal face plates will not bow or distort when installed.
- Go Green: Kyle Switch Plates' light switch covers are made of steel, brass, bronze or copper and can be recycled when no longer needed. Simply take to your nearest metal recycling center or scrap metal buyers.
- Made in USA: Our metal switch plates are made right here in the U.S.A. (except for copper plates.) So when you buy our metal plates online, you are helping to support American businesses and keeping jobs here in America.
- Attractiveness: Metal switch plates have a beauty, weight and surface quality that you won't find in plastics.
- Paintable: Metal switch plates can easily be primed and painted to match your walls.
- Sound: Metal switch plates have a solid sound to them as opposed to the thin, hollow, cheap resonance of plastic plates.
- UL Approved: Most Kyle Switch Plates wall switch plates have UL approval. UL approvals help avoid potential building code issues by meeting requirements typically needed to pass inspection. The UL Mark is a widely trusted symbol of product safety and assurance.
Metal Light Switch Plates in All Sizes and Shapes
Kyle Switch Plates stocks a wide range of light switch wall plate metal finishes, shapes and sizes. If you're looking for an odd size lightswitch plate, or better quality & pricing, then metal wall switch plates are your best bet. They will coordinately nicely with most plastic wall plates while adding value to your home.